Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Night in Tennessee



Jon's father, Calvin Minner, is an award winning banjo player. When I visited Jon this weekend in Tennessee, he played for us. I believe that it is impossible to feel sad listening to banjo music.

Those are the moments I enjoy the most — spending time with family and friends, safe and warm indoors on a cold night, letting the music sooth away the rough edges and fill my soul with comfort. Four days seemed like such a short time, but I was so fortunate to be able to spend time with Jon between treatments when he is feeling most like himself. Being affected by cancer makes me want to hold on to every happy moment. I’m learning to live and love day by day, which is what I should have been doing all along.

Please consider donating. Even if you can only afford five dollars, every little bit will help Jon pay for medical costs as he continues to battle Burkitt's Lymphoma. Giving to Jonathan Minner during this time of crisis is easy and safe. Click on the "donate" button below. You will be taken to the Paypal website to complete your transaction using your Paypal account, credit card or bank account.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Bethany Culp at polymediastudio@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment