Monday, May 13, 2013

Keep on Dreamin'


This post is for Tennessee.

This is what I will remember of my latest trip to visit Jon: Muddy shoes and straw-covered pathways winding through the fair in Centennial Park. Rocking chairs made of moose antlers and twisted wood. The gilded colossus of Athena standing in the hall of the Parthenon. The twisted fountain of colorful glass flowers, the endless waterfalls, the purple and white orchids in the glass roofed gardens of the Grand Ole Opry. 
I will remember what it felt like to be there with you, and what you told me that day. And whenever I remember that, I smile real big.


I love you, Tennessee.



"Some dreams stay with you forever,
drag you around but bring you back to where you were.
Some dreams keep on gettin better,
gotta keep believin if you wanna know for sure.

Ohhh, I can hear em playin.
I can hear the ringin of a beat up ol guitar.
Ohhh, I can hear em singin,
'Keep on dreamin, even if it breaks your heart.'"

And I do dream. It doesn’t break my heart, but it does bring tears of happiness to my eyes every once in a while.

Please consider donating. Even if you can only afford five dollars, every little bit will help Jon and his family pay for medical costs as he continues to battle Burkitt's Lymphoma. Giving to Jonathan Minner and his family during this time of crisis is easy and safe. Click on the "donate" button below. You will be taken to the Paypal website to complete your transaction using your Paypal account, credit card or bank account.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Bethany Culp at polymediastudio@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment